I’m sitting here in my wooly socks and comfy leggings (even though I haven’t worked out today) with a large cup of tea and a cozy blanket wrapped around me.
The cooler weather has finally started to roll into LA, and I’ve loved every second of it. We don’t get to experience the changing of the leaves like other states do, but the weather does cool off, which means SWEATER WEATHER + warm, cozy meals. I don’t know about you, but my body CRAVES warm filling bowls as soon as summer is over. Enter this Warm Rustic Bowl packed full of nutrition + amazing flavors.
I prepped this ahead of time and brought it to work twice with me for lunch this week. You’re going to love it.
- 2 large Carrots
- 6 oz. Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 handfuls Kale
- 1 cup Buckwheat (Sub any grain you want: farro, quinoa, etc.)
- 2 tbsp Kite Hill Truffle, Dill & Chive Almond Cheese
- 15oz Cannellini Beans
- 4 cups broccoli
- ¾ cups cashews
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Easy Lemon Vinaigrette (Optional)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- juice of one small lemon (approx 4 tbsp)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- Begin preheating the oven to 375°F. Toss mushrooms in 2 tbsp olive oil and salt & pepper. Spread into an even layer onto a baking pan and transfer to oven and roast about 15 minutes (go to step 2). Drain liquid and return mushrooms until browned but still tender, about 30 mins.
- Once the Mushrooms are in the oven, cook the Buckwheat according to the package and set aside.
- Steam broccoli, carrots & kale (approx. 10 minutes) (I did the broccoli first to use for the pesto, carrots followed by the kale)
- Prepare pesto by adding the cashews, lemon juice, garlic cloves, and nutritional yeast in a food processor and mix well. Then add the broccoli florets, basil leaves, olive oil, salt, and pulse until smooth.
- Open the beans and rinse well.
- Toss dressing together.
- Evenly distribute ingredients into two bowls (steamed carrots, steamed kale, buckwheat, baked mushrooms, cannellini beans) and top with Kite Hill Truffle Almond Cheese & Broccoli Pesto and drizzle with dressing.
- Leftovers keep for up to a few days.
Recipe & Photos by ~ Brandi Jeanne B
Mala pictured by Malabella Jewels
Mala ~ Shine Bright Mala
Bracelets ~ Ebb & Flow Mala Bracelet Wrap