1 can of chickpeas
1 handful of raw almonds
2 tablespoons of cumin seeds
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of lemon juice
1 Handful of kale
(optional) Castelvetrano olives
- Preheat oven to 425
- Chop almonds into large chunks and wash chickpeas thoroughly
- Toss almonds, chickpeas, cumin seeds and olive oil together in bowl and then spread out on parchment lined baking sheet
- Evenly spread garlic powder, sea salt and ground pepper on top–add more or less depending on your preference!
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes, turning chickpeas halfway through. Let cool for 5-10 minutes so almonds harden up (we love a good crunch!)
- In the same bowl you tossed chickpeas and almonds in, add kale and massage with lemon juice. (Massaging kale is kind of like grabbing and releasing–this is to help soften the kale up!)
- Toss chickpeas and almonds (making sure you scoop up some cumin seeds!) with kale. Add feta, Castelvetrano olives and a dash more sea salt
If you have any leftover chickpeas–add in a container and refrigerate up to 4 days!