Every time I visit my friend Lizzy’s house she has something spectacular baking. Whether it’s apple pie, cupcakes, or these fresh Lemon Blueberry bites she’s whipping up something fresh, delicious, and sweet.
When I asked her to guest blog and create a recipe, like magic, she created these tiny Lemon Blueberry bites that are sure to delight. The perfect Mother’s Day treat, these bites are the perfect gift for mom or gather the kids for this easy to make dessert.
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter
- 10 graham cracker sheets
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and position the rack in the middle of the oven. Spray your baking pan (I used a mini fluted tube cake pan, but you can also use a mini/regular cupcake pan) with non-stick cooking spray of your choice.
- Melt the butter.
- In a small bowl, crush the graham crackers and mix in the melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and honey. Once the mixture is smooth, slowly mix in the egg until it is fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter in half. Stir the blueberry jam into 1 half of the batter.
- Spoon fill the cups of the baking pan to half filled with the blueberry batter, then fill completely will plain batter. Use a toothpick to swirl the two batters together. Top with fresh/frozen blueberries.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes depending on cup size. Remove from oven when just set, and still slightly jiggly. Allow the pan to chill for about an hour, then transfer to the fridge to chill completely, at least 2 hours.
- Remove the chilled bites from the pan and enjoy!
Jewels ~ Malabella Jewels